Work Life Quality
Join our team. Do amazing work.
NewSat provides a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible employees and family members. This includes medical and life insurance, disability and competitive salaries.
NewSat wants to help plan your future. We will match your 401(k) plan and help you achieve your retirement goals.
We offer flexible schedules including paid holidays, paid time off, team lunches, and team building activities such as fishing and sporting events. We take an active interest in our community and the family activities of our employees.
Sr. SATCOM Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
This position shall be responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Area Network (WAN) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) infrastructures. Provide high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures.
• Shall provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex enterprise WAN and LAN network
• Shall provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex RF systems
• Shall troubleshoot and identify sources of problems and resolve issues.
• Shall monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published SLAs.
• Shall review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies and procedures for an enterprise.
• Shall assist in establishing and enforce best practice processes for network management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and security.
• Shall operate Satellite Modems, Redundancy Switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), Low Noise Block (LNB); Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; Intermediate Frequency (IF) cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors, Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Units; Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); Generator (if applicable).
• Shall maintain and troubleshoot using any Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) required over and above the Built-In-Test (BIT) capability of the supported equipment.
• Shall manage and maintain telecommunication installation supplies.
• Shall maintain daily on-hand inventories.
• Shall operate Satellite Radios and maintain those systems.
• Shall operate FDMA, TDMA modems
• Shall operate and program an iDirect, Linkway modem and or Hub
• Shall manage all terminals assigned
Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting or maintenance of satellite communications electronic systems or equipment.
Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years experience operating in a tactical satellite environment operating/maintaining antenna controllers, SSPA, LNA/LNB, up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (satellite modems) and Modem Hub operations.
Shall have experience and skill with commercial and military satellite and commercial TDMA/FDMA modems required.
• Shall have Network+.
• Shall have Security+.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Clearance: Current/active Secret clearance at start of assignment required
Military SATCOM Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
Tactical SATCOM O&M Support
Job Type: Full Time
The Contractor shall support the day-to-day end users of tactical satellite systems to include but not limited to SNAP, SWAN, ISA, and WPPL.
Shall have formal operator training for tactical SATCOM systems.
Shall have protocol/Network Theory Experience.
Shall have an understanding, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture.
Shall be able to perform routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIPand RIP).
Shall have switching fundamentals (Virtual Local Area Network System (VLANS), VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), Port Security, Spanning Tree).
Shall know Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture.
Shall know Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) Acceleration over Satellite concepts.
Shall have seven (7) years of experience with satellite terminal systems Shall have two (2) years experience operating in a tactical environment operating/maintaining antenna controllers, Solid State Power Amplifier (SSPA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA), Low Noise Block (LNB), up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA)/TDMA modems (satellite modems). Shall have experience and skill with commercial and military satellite acquisition procedures, IP routing and switching, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Quality of Service (QoS), Voice and Data - T1/E1, Foreign Exchange Server (FXS), and commercial TDMA/FDMA modems required. Experience with the MRT desired.
Shall have experience with Satellite Line of Sight and Near Line of Sight transport methods.
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground
The Contractor will be responsible for tracking COMSEC items, assist in managing the COMSEC account.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The individual will manage all day to day COMSEC activity.
Shall have at least two years as a security specialist.
Shall have 7 years of recent specialized experience with COMSEC accounts.
Site: Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
The Contractor shall provide Records Management services supporting Army users with the ability to create and manage official Army records from any data or content source in a way to minimize individual time investment for creation, extraction, or disposal of the records..
Two (2) years total experience in records management or knowledge management or two year experience with FOIA records management.
Education: Associates Degree